I know, I know. Try not to look so glum. I miss you too. And you can get excited knowing that many fun wedding-related things will be coming your way over Christmas break, including:
Groom's cake tastings
Registry
Apartment hunting
Hairstylist-finding
Honeymoon planning
And more! :)
So here's the main recap for November: school is owning my life. This is normal for the end of the semester, right?
BUT then comes Thanksgiving break, AKA the one break A&M gets in the fall semester. We're not really on board with Labor Day or this whole Fall Break thing...
I spent Wednesday night at home and got to catch up with some friends and eat my favorite authentic Mexican food in the whole wide world--a wonderful start to the break!
After that, it was time to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's extended family. We do this every year, and it's pretty much the only time we see each other. He's one of seven siblings, who are all married, most with at least two children...you can probably see why this is a huge ordeal! I think the count this year was 26 people, and it was our turn to host.
For reasons unknown to me, instead of using our house, we opted to host in a nearby tiny Texas town, where my grandpa on the other side has a lakehouse he graciously allowed us to borrow.
(Uncle Scott's photo)
My dad did all the cooking for Wednesday through Friday, and it was YUMMY. For your viewing pleasure, here was our non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner:
(Personal photo)
Salad, prime rib, baked mac & cheese, grilled asparagus, and rolls!
Since I was there Thursday morning through Saturday morning, it was a really nice chance to settle in and relax. We watched a lot of good football games, I got 13 pages of my 20-page paper done, and one of my uncles fell in the lake on accident. (Luckily, it wasn't cold yet!) On Friday night, we went downtown and saw the Christmas light display the town puts on. They also had Christmas music playing and an ice skating rink and other various holiday things. It was a good time with my Asian family. :)
(Uncle Scott's photo)
Mimi with all the grandkids...minus Steven and Emily. :(
Schoolwork is calling, so I'll leave you here. Coming next: some Aggie "last things" and a surprise bridal shower!



No comments:
Post a Comment