But anyway. When I have pictures, I will definitely post some. Oddly enough, though, I don't have this desire to revisit every little detail of the day. Don't get me wrong- our wedding day was awesome, and I had a wonderful time with Travis and with all our family and friends! I guess my mindset was just like "weddingweddingwedding" from about the end of February through May 21, and then it was over. And I loved it and everything was great, but I was just ready for the wedding part to be over so that we could be married and actually have lives outside of wedding-ness. Am I weird? I know there are a least a few other brides who have felt this way.
So we have now been married for over a month! It's still a little surreal at times, but I love it. :) Last month was generally taken up with work and putting our home together...very. very. slowly. Seriously. We are TERRIBLE movers. We only finished decorating because both our families came into town the same week. Half of my clothes are still in my old apartment, since my least doesn't run out til August. Actually, it's kind of nice...like having two homes, one on each side of town. Plus the apartment has a nicer pool, AND cable. We'll actually be kind of sad when that lease ends...
Anyway. We finally have the downstairs area fully put together, although it's begging to be cleaned again. (That's my project for tomorrow.) The upstairs area is less important. Since there's a bathroom downstairs, no one really has to go up there if we don't want them to. On second thought, that last sentence sounds way creepy. I promise we're not hiding anything illegal up there. No kids, either. (The other day I was complaining to my mom that I'd been having headaches, and her response via text was "Are you pregnant?!" Thanks, Mom.) But I digress. Yes, we don't allow anyone upstairs because laundry is overflowing and we haven't really figured out a good organizational system for receipts yet. I also may or may not have suitcases on the floor which are empty but I just haven't found a place to put them. So sue me. I have two jobs.
The Plan for this week, when I'm not working/eating/sleeping:
1. Clean a lot. Tomorrow.
2. Also, buy food tomorrow. We are pretty much out of food. Except cereal.
3. Go to Marble Slab for Redhead Appreciation Day (I like to be appreciated, and I also like free ice cream).
4. Hopefully start my babysitting job again! I haven't seen that baby in two months- I'm sure she's like riding a bicycle by now. (Hey, she's a prodigious child.)
5. Utilize the apartment pool before the lease runs out in a month.
6. Attend the Harry Potter 7 (Part 2) premiere- dressed as Ginny Weasley, of course! Who says you can't get more than one use out of a black graduation robe?
7. Reduce daily caffeine intake. (Not sure if this is possible while working as a barista.)
8. Reduce number of naps per day to one or none. (Not sure if this is compatible with #7.)
9. Get our upstairs organized!
Yes, it's real.
Wish me luck! What are your goals for the week?

Haha I LOVE that there is red head appreciation day. I'm glad you can feel appreciated, Ginny! Also-- I know what you mean about the recaps. I've only been doing them so quickly because I kind of have nothing else to do and I want to write them before I forget the little things.
ReplyDeleteAnyway-- good luck unpacking and decreasing the caffeine amount. You can do it!
PS I miss you!