15 April 2011

Four years!

This is just a little post to celebrate today. Yes, I know that it is Tax Day in America, and I hope you all filed your taxes. It is also my dog's fourteenth birthday, and Aggie Ring Day. But most importantly, today Travis and I have been dating for four years.

It's rather amazing to me, although I know that doesn't sound like much time to those of you who have been married for thirty years or something like that (I admire you!). But these four years were also our college years- arguably the four years in which people grow the most and make the most drastic changes in their lives, and three of them were long-distance. Looking back, I'm not sure how we made it at times, but I know that we were supposed to. Because we did.

Mostly I'm just grateful. Grateful that our families raised us to be who we are, grateful for our wonderful friends and their support, and grateful to God for bringing us together and bringing us this far. We have learned so many lessons, some easy, some hard, and there are many more to learn.

And this is the last dating anniversary, because in 36 days I get to marry my best friend!

And now, in honor of the day, a few representative pictures:

Year one 

Year two 

Year three 




Year four

Just a few samples from four years of awkward photos. :) And there will be many more to come.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment